APPLICATION PROCESS FOR BETTING MEETINGS
What is a Betting Meeting?
A Betting Meeting is a meeting held by a licensed club at a licensed venue at which betting is carried on but no race is held.
Under the Racing Act 2002 (Qld), a licensed club must not hold a Betting Meeting unless:
- the Betting Meeting is held at a licensed venue of the licensed club;
- Racing Queensland (RQ) has included the Betting Meeting in RQ’s racing calendar; and
- the Queensland Racing Integrity Commission is exercising control at the venue at the time.
Please note, patrons at Betting Meetings can only bet on Thoroughbred, Harness or Greyhound races conducted at other racecourses.
Clubs who wish to conduct a Betting Meeting in FY18/19, must apply to Racing Queensland (RQ) prior to 30 April 2018.
RQ may in its discretion:
- request further information in relation to a club’s application to hold Betting Meetings;
- approve or reject a club’s application to hold Betting Meetings;
- restrict the number of Betting Meetings that may be held by a club; and
- impose requirements on a club in relation to the conduct of Betting Meetings.
Application forms: Betting Meeting Application
Short Notice and Emergency Betting Meetings Application Process
In the event that an allocated race meeting:
- is cancelled, moved or abandoned within 7 days of the date of the race meeting, the affected Club may apply to RQ to hold a Betting Meeting by completing the RQ Betting Meeting Application Form; or
- is cancelled on the morning of the race meeting, the affected Club may apply to RQ to hold a Betting Meeting by telephoning the Thoroughbred Racing Manager on (07) 3869 9750 or after hours on 0431 716 018 and RQ may in its discretion approve the club’s application to hold a Betting Meeting.
Return complete application form to:
Attn.: Club Licensing
Racing Queensland Board (trading as Racing Queensland)
PO Box 63
Sandgate QLD 4017
If you submit an application, RQ will process the application and notify you of the outcome of the application in due course.
Please contact Club Licensing on (07) 3869 9424 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any further information.