Racing Queensland (RQ) & Breeders Owners Trainers Reinspersons Association (BOTRA)
Notice of Meeting
Monday 16 January 2017, 6:30pm at Albion Park Raceway, Yulestar Street, Albion QLD 4010
Location: Upper level of old HRQ Board Building, former greyhound offices
Racing Queensland and BOTRA invite all interested persons to attend a meeting to discuss the Harness Racing Australia (HRA) announcement in December 2016 of a whip ban in all races and training, effective 1 September 2017.
Topics for discussion in relation to the whip rules include, but will not be limited to:
- Facts related to the ban in racing and training
- Ensuring harness racing aligns with community expectation and building a 21st century fan base
- Feedback and consultation regarding the announcement
- Discussion items from the BOTRA Industry meeting held in December
- Addressing safety and the development and use of a “Safety Crop” (for use in racing and training)
HRA Chief Executive Andrew Kelly and Racing Queensland CEO Dr Eliot Forbes will be in attendance with other RQ staff and available to discuss matters pertaining to this important matter.
Formal submissions are encouraged in advance of the meeting as topics for further discussion. These can be furnished by email to Racing Queensland prior to January 10 at firstname.lastname@example.org
Attendees are asked to advise Racing Queensland in advance of their intention to attend the meeting thus enabling us to suitably cater, in terms of seating, for the number of attendees. To advise of your attendance please use the email address above.
For further enquiries please contact Ross Gove at Racing Queensland on 3869 9750 or Dan Costello of BOTRA on 0409 488 881.