As part of the Kingsford Smith Drive upgrade, public utility services are being relocated and where required, replaced, to ensure these services continue to meet the needs of the local community. To enable major stormwater installation works over the coming months, Cooksley Street will be closed to all traffic between Yulestar Street and York Street on the following weekends:
Cooksley Street will also be closed to southbound vehicles between Yulestar Street and Kingsford Smith Drive for these works. Access to Yulestar Street from Kingsford Smith Drive via Cooksley Street will be maintained.
- 7pm Friday 13 October to 5am Monday 16 October 2017
- 7pm Friday 20 October to 5am Monday 23 October 2017.
Access to local streets and properties will be maintained by traffic controllers at all times. Traffic controllers and signage will be in place to direct all motorists.
The Cooksley Street entrance to the Hamilton BP Service Station will be closed for this period. Motorists wishing to access the Hamilton BP can continue to do so from Kingsford Smith Drive.
A detour route will be in place for all traffic movements during this closure period:
- Access to ICB and Breakfast Creek Road will be via Crosby Road
- Access to Kingsford Smith Drive heading east will be via Toorak Road
- Access to the northern end of Cooksley Street will be via Toorak Road.