What is a Betting Meeting?
A Betting Meeting is a meeting held by a licensed club at a licensed venue at which betting is carried on but no race is held.
Under the Racing Act 2002 (Qld), a licensed club must not hold a Betting Meeting unless:
- The betting meeting is held at a licensed venue of the licensed club; and
- The control body (Racing Queensland) is managing the venue at the time (by definition, RQ has included the meeting in the racing calendar); and
- The commission (Queensland Racing Integrity Commission) is exercising control at the venue at the time.
Please note, patrons at betting meetings can only bet on Thoroughbred, Harness or Greyhound races conducted at other racecourses, or sporting contingencies declared by RQ.
Betting Meeting Applications
Applications will be considered as part of the racing calendar approval process for the forthcoming racing season.
In considering applications for betting meetings, RQ may in its discretion:
- Request further information in relation to a club’s application to hold betting meetings;
- Approve or reject a club’s application to hold betting meetings;
- Restrict the number of betting meetings that may be held by a club; and
- Impose requirements on a club in relation to the conduct of Betting Meetings.
Clubs must apply to RQ to hold a betting meeting by completing the betting meeting application form.
Short Notice and Emergency Betting Meeting Applications
In the event that an allocated race meeting is cancelled, transferred or abandoned:
- Within 7 days of the date of the race meeting, the affected Club may apply to RQ to hold a betting meeting by submitting the RQ betting meeting application form; or
- On the morning of the race meeting, the affected Club may apply to RQ to hold a betting meeting by telephoning the Thoroughbred Racing Manager (07) 3869 9750 or A/H 0431 716 018, or Country Racing Manager 0410 633 217.
RQ may in its discretion approve the Club’s application to hold a betting meeting in these circumstances.
Return complete application form to:
Attn.: Club Licensing
Racing Queensland Board (trading as Racing Queensland)
PO Box 63
Sandgate QLD 4017
If you submit an application, RQ will process the application and notify you of the outcome of the application in due course.
Please contact Club Licensing on (07) 3869 9761 or email email@example.com if you require any further information.