Work on improving the racing surface of the Redcliffe track will commence on Monday 24 September, with racing set to resume on Wednesday night 10 October. The project will include regrading, consolidation of the base and resurfacing the track with new material.
As a result of the works there will be changes to the racing schedule prior to racing recommencing at Redcliffe. The following is an overview of changes to the race meeting schedule;
- 26 September (Wednesday Night) @ Redcliffe rescheduled to 23 September (Sunday Twilight) @ Redcliffe
- 27 September (Thursday Day) @ Redcliffe moved to Albion Park
- 3 October (Wednesday Night) @ Redcliffe rescheduled to June 2019 (Sunday twilight – date TBC)
- 4 October (Thursday Day) @ Redcliffe moved to Albion Park
- 10 October (Wednesday night) racing to recommence at Redcliffe
In addition racing, training on the track will not be permitted until the project is complete. RQ and the Club will notify trainers once the track has been reopened for training purposes.