Another fun day of racing at Nanango on 25 May 2019.
Including the Battle of the Bush qualifier race.
Fashion theme "Fab Furs, Pearls & Braces"...
Plenty of racing as well as a bar, champagne bar, canteen and BBQ. Plenty of seating available or bring your own chair and enjoy the comforts of sitting under the trees with a great view of the final straight.
Selfie Fashion on field is Fab fur, pearls and braces.
#battleofthebush #countryracing #nanangoraces #nanango #fashiononthefield
Racing History in Nanango
The Early Days of the Nanango Race Club taken from an extract from the Country Focus Nanango and written by Bill Andress.
“Lee Park” is a 81 acre recreational reserve situated 3 kms from the Nanango Township. Horse racing has been associated with this area for 129 years, commencing on Boxing Day 1859. Prior to this racing had been held at Nanango Station and Steamer Lagoon. It was at Steamer Lagoon that the first Nanango Cup was won by “Pilgrim”owned by Pat McCallum in 1869. Pre war the last Nanango Cup was won by “Heath Lad” owned by Jim Mylett in 1932. Prior to WW11 racing lapsed and restarted in 1968 in the old railway building. The club has had 4 presidents, the first was Mr Allan Anger, then Mr Bill Williams, 3rd was Mr Reg McCallum and the current president is Mr John Lee. The grounds have been named “Lee Park”in recognition of the time and effort Mr Lee has made in restructoring and maintaining the club. Since the club started there have been 10 Secretaries. Some of them have been honoured with the Symes Room and the Gwenda Kleinhaus Office.
The information set out on this event page is correct as at the date of publication and may be subject to further change by Racing Queensland or the event promoter (if Racing Queensland is not the event promoter) in their absolute discretion. Please visit http://www.racingqueensland.com.au/ for the current race calendars. Please check race schedules for final times two days before, race numbers are not final.