FEE STRUCTURE CENTRALISED PAYMENT SYSTEM (CPS)
The following fees and payments apply to races conducted in Queensland.
- A “starters' fee” of $225 plus GST will be charged to the owners of horses that finish 1st to 4th at metropolitan meetings. This is to be netted-off against prizemoney;
- A “starters' fee” of $173 plus GST will be charged to the owners of horses that finish 1st to 4th at all other TAB meetings, and 1st to 3rd at all non-TAB meetings. This is to be netted off against prizemoney;
- A *”non-starters' fee” of $65.00 plus GST will be charged to the trainers of horses that are nominated, but do not accept or are scratched, as agent of owners.
RIDER DECLARED SCRATCHING FEE
An additional “scratching fee”, equivalent to the riders' fee, will be charged to the trainers of horses that are scratched after a rider has been declared, where the riders' fee is payable, as agent of owners. This fee will be called “RD Scratching Fee”, being rider declared scratching fee.
An additional rule follows that if no rider has been declared and a vet's certificate is not supplied an additional “scratching fee” of $50 plus GST will be charged to the trainers of horses that are scratched. This fee will be called “NRD Scratching Fee”, being no rider declared scratching fee.
FEATURE RACE ACCEPTANCE FEES
Race fees apply to the trainers of all horses that accept for a feature race. These fees appear as advertised against the feature races.
Points to remember regarding Feature Races:
- Starter's fees and scratching fees will be in accordance with arrangements for non-feature races. In addition, the feature Race Acceptance fees will apply;
- All feature Race Fees will be identified in the calendar;
- The ”non-starter's fee” will be $100 plus GST for feature races.
From 1 July 2017 the Jockey Riding Fee is set at $180 per ride plus GST if applicable. Superannuation attributable to the Riding Fee of 9.5%.
From 1 July 2015 the barrier trial riding fee is set at $63 per ride plus GST if applicable. Please note amendments to conditions for Barrier Trials from 1 October 2013:
- The fee to start in an Official Barrier Trial is $100 (plus GST);
- The fee for horses that nominate, but do not start in official barrier trials is $100 (plus GST). This fee will be waived for any horse where a veterinarian certificate is received within two (2) working days following the date of the Official Barrier Trials;
- Trainers are required to advise the RISA Service Centre of scratchings in Official Barrier Trials at least 30 minutes prior to the commencement time of the first Official Barrier Trial.
For access inquiries, please call TELADS on (07) 1300 650 940.
Specific Inquiries – Weights or Acceptances – Ph: (07) 3869 9777.
RISA SERVICE CENTRE
Nominations, Acceptances, Riders, Scratchings, Stable Returns, Gear Changes
Ph: 1800 138 704
Internet: www.risa.com.au (Stable Assist) For all race club details please refer to the club section at the back of the magazine.