Racing Queensland’s $500 in-foal rebate for standardbreds will return in 2020/21 to help support breeders with the financial impacts of COVID-19.
First introduced in 2018 to assist breeders with the impacts of the drought, the breeding initiative can be claimed for up to six mares per breeder as an industry response to the rising cost of feed and agistment, and more recently, the financial impacts of COVID-19.
The in-foal rebate of $500 is payable to the breeder of any mare – inseminated between 1 August 2020 and 31 January 2021 – that receives a positive 42-day pregnancy test.
The following are the conditions of the initiative:
- The mare must be a standardbred registered with Harness Racing Australia;
- The mare must be inseminated in Queensland by a registered standardbred stallion registered with Harness Racing Australia;
- A Positive 42 day pregnancy test must be evidenced;
- The mare must be agisted in Queensland throughout the pregnancy;
- The offer will be capped at 6 mares per breeder (where the breeder is the managing owner of the mare);
- Claim made prior to 31 March 2021
- To claim the rebate, the application form must be completed in full.
SUBMIT APPLICATION ONLINE | DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM
Phone: (07) 3869 9774