Thanks to some outstanding decisions made by Queensland breeders back in the season of 2019/20, APG have been able to assemble 52 distinguished Lots for the APG Brisbane Sale happening at Albion Park Paceway on Sunday 31 January 2021.
This acclaimed race series not only has $350,000 of local prize money on offer, but in addition an incentive scheme for QBRED-eligible horses sees a first-win bonus set at $12,000 at any age, regardless of how many interstate wins they may have had.
A further $7,500 cash bonus is also on offer for their first Queensland win in a subsequent season, meaning the opportunities for investors in harness racing right now have never been better than in QLD.
The next four stallions we would like to highlight are Badlands Hanover, Betterthancheddar, Betting Line and Bettors Delight.
Badlands Hanover was a standout Grand Circuit performer, setting a world record at two of 1:50 winning the 1998 Breeders Crown Final.
With multiple $1,000,000 winners in both the northern and southern hemispheres, this puts him amongst some of the most successful stallions in the sport
- Lot 30 - Badlands Hanover - Bute Sister - Artiscape - Ms Mac N Cheese $815,427: This impressive looking filly has a dam being a sister to Badlands Bute, and a winner of $328,365 which carries the blood that could get the new owner extremely excited by its prospects.
Betterthancheddar went to stud as a Bettor’s Delight’s fastest and richest entire and while his multiple world record holder race career ended tragically, it hasn’t stopped him leaving fast horses in both hemispheres.
- Lot 28 – Betterthancheddar – Bubby Doll – Jet Laag Wisdom tree (Artsplace) $642,215: The APG Brisbane breeder looks to have nailed his choice of broodmare sire here with Jet Laag. With six of Betterthanchedddar’s best 16 coming from the Adios line (through Abercrombie) broodmares sires, this stylish looking grey has the potential to bring joy to her new connections.
At three-years-old, Betting Line won 14 of 15 starts and with wins in the North American Cup, the Carl Milstein Memorial and the Battle of the Brandywine (where he posted his career best time of 1:47.2f) it helped him to go on to be crowned 2016 Canadian All-age Horse of the Year and North American 3YO Pacing Colt of the Year.
Betting Line’s top four progeny (all have won north of $100,000 as 2YOs) so far have come from Meadow Skipper (through Western Hanover) and Adios (through Abercrombie) which is a point not lost on the canny APG Brisbane breeders, with five of the six lots matched to those successful lines.
The sixth was bred on the Direct Scooter line, which most people would understand shows how amazing Bettors Delight has been with Cullen mares.
Both Lazarus - the super star winner of $4,125,988 - and Chicago Bull - winner of $2,308,843 - are out of Cullen mares.
Three great examples of Betting Lines Lots are:
- Lot 1 - Betting Line - October Original - Perfect Art - Tall Dark Stranger $1,941,999 (Bettors Delight – Art Major): What a great filly to kick off the sale; fillies have really ran in this family and please don’t forget that the very handy Lovers Delight (by Bettors Delight) winner of $555,473 was out of the same N4 family. This lot is being prepared by the team at Monarch farms and it’s sure to present well.
- Lot 4 - Betting Line - Ourark - Rocknroll Hanover - Abuckabett Hanover $172,434. This colt is from U306 and it’s done a wonderful job here in Australia. While Betting Line’s highest earner is from a Rocknroll Hanover Broodmare, his father produced Bettors Wish from a mare by Rocknroll Hanover’s sire Western Ideal.
- Lot 38 - Betting Line - Exclusif - Perfect Art - Tall Dark Stranger $1,941,999 (Bettors Delight – Art Major): What is of particular note here is how good the Bettor’s Delight blood has already worked with this dam who has produced the $455,809 winner Bettor Bet Black. The Vaggs have a reputation of producing big strong yearlings to the sale and this Lot will be no different - a must view colt.
Bettor’s Delight is being promoted as harness racing’s relentless juggernaut in the breeding shed, with no stallion having cast a bigger shadow over the breeding scene.
Age has not diminished his influence on the racetrack and in the breeding barn as his progeny continue to break records and he is now impacting as a broodmare sire.
- Lot 25 – Bettors Delight – Wandary Splash – Blissfull Hall – Bettor Than You $543,628: With an incredible five offspring bred on this cross so far with earnings of more than $100,000, from just nine progeny of racing age - this cross has ticked so many boxes. With the additional bonus of being prepared at Burwood, this QBRED Filly should have a massive day.
Please come and celebrate the exciting opportunities now available in Queensland with us and support the efforts of the breeders and consignors in this state.
We invite you to join us at Albion Park on Sunday January 31 from 8am for a complimentary breakfast, followed by free beverages from 11am to 12:05pm.
We will have online and telephone bidding options available if you are unable to attend.
John Coffey will be inspecting all of the Brisbane yearlings on sales day, and will be pleased to answer any questions that you may have on the individuals featuring in the sale, or to bid on your behalf. John can be contacted on 0418 500 211.
Please contact Linda Graham on 0428 955 998 via email and she’ll be pleased to assist you with your online registrations, pre- bidding sale approvals or to answer any other questions that you may have on your travel and accommodation needs.