The Cannonball Series will comprise (three) heats commencing on 3 November 2017 at Kilcoy Race Club, culminating in a final at Kilcoy RC on Saturday 2 December 2017.
The composition of the Series and its associated conditions are:
- Friday 3 November Kilcoy Race Club BM75 800m $16,000 (Won by Zouzoukakia)
- Saturday 11 November Toowoomba Turf Club BM75 870m $16,000
- Wednesday 22 November Ipswich Turf Club BM75 800m $20,000
Final: Saturday 2 December Kilcoy RC BM75 800m $30,000
UPDATED ORDER OF ENTRY
LISA FASHIONISTA 11
WHATEVER MISS 10.5
ISIS MAGIC * 10
ZOUZOUKAKIA * 10
LIFE'S LIKE THAT 8
LIMERICK MOON 7
BRAVE DAZZLER 6
HIGH COST 5.5
BRILLIANT DIVA 4
TIN'S POCKET 4
BRAT ATTACK 2
TIBROGARGAN MISS 2
FAVORITE SHADOW 1
POETIC DRAGON 1
SHOULDA TO SHOULDA 1
STAGE LADY 1
* Exempt from ballot
Heats: Benchmark Handicaps for 3YO’s and Upwards. Heats will not be divided. Allowances for Apprentices permitted.
Series Final Race: Benchmark Handicap for 3YO’s and Upwards. Race will not be divided. Allowances for Apprentices permitted.
Aggregated points scored in the Heats, according to horses’ placing(s), will determine the composition of the field in the Final, if a ballot becomes necessary.
Heats' Points Allocation: 1st – 10 Points, 2nd – 8 Points, 3rd – 7 Points, 4th – 6 Points, 5th – 5 Points, 6th – 4 Points, 7th – 3 Points, 8th – 2 Points and Others – 1 Point
In the event of a Heat of this Series being abandoned or declared a “no-race”, final acceptors remaining in the field for such Heat, at the time of such abandonment or declaration of “no-race”, shall be allocated one (1) point.
In the event of a dead-heat in the Heats, the qualifying points will be combined and evenly divided between the dead-heated horses.
In the event that the Final is abandoned on or prior to raceday ay Kilcoy RC on Saturday 2 December, the race will not be reprogramed.
Series Balloting Conditions:
Heats: Racing Queensland balloting conditions for Ratings Based Handicap Races will apply in all Heats of this Series.
Series Final Race: Excess horses, if any, shall be balloted in the following order:
- Horses that have not earned points in the Series, according to Racing Queensland Balloting Conditions for Ratings Based Handicap Races
- Horses that have earned points in the Series – with horses with the least number of points first
- In the event of two or more horses having an equal number of points, preference will be given to the horse which secured the best finishing position in one of the Heats
- Horses on equal points and the same Racing Queensland official rating will be eliminated in order of total advertised prize money received in flat races, with lowest first
- Horses on equal points, the same Racing Queensland official rating and equal total prize money received in flat races will be eliminated by lot.
In assessing prize money amounts won by a horse, race bonuses from any source will not be taken into account
Any horse that wins a Heat in the Series shall be exempt from the ballot in the Final.
Subject to the above balloting conditions, a horse that has not competed in a Series Heat may start in the Final of the Series.
It is a requirement to nominate for the Final i.e. horses will not be automatically nominated, irrespective of the number of points accrued in the Heats.