Racing Queensland is set to continue its long-term association with the Ekka ahead of next month’s highly anticipated return to the Brisbane Showgrounds.
For a 16th year, RQ will partner with the RNA, showcasing everything that is great about racing in the Sunshine State as part of the Royal Queensland Show.
Up-coming highlights include:
- Nightly harness racing in the Main Arena, culminating in the $15,000 Garrards Final as part of a mini-race meeting on the final day of the event;
- Greyhound Sweepstakes in the Canine Pavilion;
- Thoroughbred Day in the Main Arena;
- Horsing Around which will highlight Off-The-Track horses who are now enjoying their post-racing careers; and
- RQ training and education exhibit promoting the many and varied career opportunities in the industry.
With more than 400,000 people attending the Ekka each year, RQ Executive General Manager Operations Adam Wallish said he was looking forward to the partnership continuing.
“The Ekka is one of the highlights on the Queensland social calendar,” Mr Wallish said.
“For almost 150 years, it’s been part of the fabric of our state, and importantly, plays a key role in showcasing the three codes of racing.
“Whether it is the Greyhound Sweepstakes or the nightly harness races, it allows people of all walks of life to go behind-the-scenes of our industry and to appreciate our incredible animals and industry participants.
“We’re looking forward to our partnership continuing in 2021 and 2022.”
The Ekka will be staged at the Brisbane Showgrounds from August 7 to 15.
Click here for more information on the Royal Queensland Show.