Racing Queensland has advised that it will conduct patron-free race meetings until further notice including those involving the harness code.
To help mitigate the spread of COVID-19, attendance should only be provided to key raceday personnel, which includes:
- Licensed drivers engaged to compete at the meeting;
- Licensed trainers with runners engaged at the meeting;
- Licenced stable hands working for trainers engaged at the meeting with trainers asked to minimise the number of staff in attendance;
- QRIC Stewards and veterinarians;
- Barrier attendants, starters, mobile barrier drivers and essential track maintenance staff;
- Clerks of the Course;
- Judges and photo finish operators;
- Raceday event staff including raceday office secretary and security/gate attendants;
- Ambulance services;
- Farriers and other essential service providers approved by Racing Queensland and the race club such as course electrician;
- Broadcast services providers (SKY Racing & PSP) including race caller;
- RQ accredited media as approved by Racing Queensland and the race club including course photographer; and
- Restricted operational race club management and Racing Queensland management.
No on-course wagering facilities will be available, including TAB and bookmakers, and essential personnel will be required to leave the racecourse after their horses have run.
Additionally, children will not be granted access (unless licenced), while limited on-course food will be available with participants advised to make alternate arrangements.
As of today, only licensed trainers, registered stable hands, licensed drivers, RQ officials, club staff and essential personnel (vets, farriers, medical staff) will be permitted to attend trackwork and/or training centres within Queensland including trials.
This will continue until Monday, April 13 at the earliest.
In the meantime, RQ requests that participants and clubs familiarise themselves with on-course hygiene requirements including:
- Trainers/Strappers must wash their hands with disinfectant when collecting and after returning saddle numbers; and
- Maintaining appropriate social distancing between themselves and other participants.
Further information in relation to COVID-19 will be provided to clubs throughout the week including further hygiene requirements.