Tambo's August Ladies Day Races is an annual event presented by the oldest Race Club west of the Great Dividing Range, on the oldest race track in west Queensland.
Known locally as the 'Doomben of the West' because it is the second oldest track in Queensland only to Doomben in Brisbane. Although, locals believe racing probably goes back further than their 154 years.
Free entry for ladies.
Fashions on the Field prizes.
The following information about Tambo is from the website outbackqueensland.com.au
Small and sleepy, this little gem has a lot to offer travellers seeking an adventure along the Matilda Way.
- Tambo is known as the Teddy Capital of Australia;
- Tambo is 4WD Country;
- You can catch one helluva sunset show in Tambo;
- Tambo is the oldest town in the west;
- Tambo is the headwaters of five river systems plus a dam;
- Tambo makes for a great coffee stop along the Matilda Way;
- Tambo has a contemporary art space;
- You can kick back by the water;
- You can bet on a winner for charity;
- You can get a fresh outback feast.
The information set out on this event page is correct as at the date of publication and may be subject to further change by Racing Queensland or the event promoter (if Racing Queensland is not the event promoter) in their absolute discretion. Please visit http://www.racingqueensland.com.au/ for the current race calendars. Please check race schedules for final times two days before, race numbers are not final.