The annual superlative country race meeting in Roma is on November 17 – the end of Spring Carnival and the beginning of Summer Holidays.
The Roma Races experience in summary:
On Friday, there will be a Calcutta, with a guest speaker (tbc) at the Royal on 99. Call the Pub for details (07 4622 1324).
- races - 8 on the day, broadcast on Sky channel around the globe.
- camping – a swag, a van, a bus, a ute complete with blow up pool, pop up marquee and bbq is required equipment for the weekend. No spaces booked out in particular, just book online so they can fit you in. Roma Turf Club provide the paddock, the toilets and the showers (with hairdryer points and mirrors).
- tickets – please pre-purchase, helps with toilet allocation, beverage supply and queues.
- Gates open at 11am on race day but campground is open earlier in the week, from Thursday for ticketed camping. Racing begins around 1pm
- Track Party with all food and beverages supplied for the one ticket price during the day. Members Marquee with air con, spirit pour and no drink tickets and finger food with best sausage sizzle in town. Gate Entry will get you into the main concourse for the duration of the event, (1am Sunday morning)
- Private marquees are available on request: 6 x4m space with 3 tables, 25 chairs, shared private bar, winning straight frontage and access to the Members marquee – $800 plus gst. No gate entry included, catering available or bring your own, guests as you like. Please contact Roma Turf Club to book.
- Entertainment: Apart from the sport, there will be plenty of colour and movement on the day. At night, there will be Route 33 and Caitlyn Shadbolt. Races, of course, all afternoon with some of the best athletes in southern Queensland and northern NSW. Watching the passing parade. All day, all night. Roma Turf Club signs, you will want to read their signs. Instructional AND entertaining.
Fashions on the Field. From around 3pm on the Main Stage. (click for the Fashions page advice) An eclectic mix of class and bushie shenanigans. Good prizes and guarantee of social media and mainstream media fame. Some sense of sartorial co-ordination required. The ladies competition is fierce. It’s all About the Sash!
- Go to tickets to get a better description of the packaged areas.
- Go to Roma Turf Club facebook and instagram pages to get the vibe and real information.
- Email the club for further information - firstname.lastname@example.org
The information set out on this event page is correct as at the date of publication and may be subject to further change by Racing Queensland or the event promoter (if Racing Queensland is not the event promoter) in their absolute discretion. Please visit http://www.racingqueensland.com.au/ for the current race calendars. Please check race schedules for final times two days before, race numbers are not final.