Racing Queensland has adopted new finance procedures in response to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Click here to read more.
FEE STRUCTURE CENTRALISED PAYMENT SYSTEM (CPS)
The following fees and payments apply to races conducted in Queensland.
A Non-Acceptance fee of $65 plus GST will be charged to the trainers (as agent of owners) of horses that are nominated for a race but do not accept.
Scratching fees are applicable to horses accepted for a race meeting and scratched without the supply of a veterinary certificate:
- NRD Scratching Fee - Where no rider has been declared, a No Rider Declared Scratching Fee of $115 plus GST is payable.
- Early Scratching Fee - Where a rider has been declared and a scratching occurs prior to 4pm the day immediately prior to the race meeting, an Early Rider Declared Scratching Fee of $150 plus GST is payable.
- Scratching Fee - Where a rider has been declared and a scratching occurs after 4pm on the day immediately prior to the race meeting, a Rider Declared Scratching Fee of $285 plus GST is payable.
VETERINARY SCRATCHING FEES
Veterinary scratching fees are applicable to horses accepted for a race meeting and scratched where a veterinary certificate is supplied:
- Vet NRD Scratching Fee - Where no rider has been declared and a veterinary certificate is supplied, a No Rider Declared Vet Scratching Fee is applicable and no fee will be charged.
- Vet Scratching Fee - Where a rider has been declared and a veterinary certificate is supplied, a Vet Scratching Fee of total $130 plus GST is payable.
SCRATCHINGS BY ORDER OF STEWARDS OR THROUGH RIDER UNAVAILABILITY AT RACE MEETINGS
Any scratching after acceptance time which is made by order of stewards or occurs on race day due to unavailability of rider will not attract a fee.
FEES FOR HORSES WICH DO NOT SECURE STARTS
For any horse which is accepted in a race but does not secure a start, no fees are payable.
Feature Race Acceptance Fees
Fees are charged to the trainers of all horses which accept for a Black Type or Feature race. The applicable fees are prescribed in the conditions of the race in the official Racing Queensland publication.
Points to note relative to Black Type and Feature Races:
- Scratching fees are commensurate with those applicable to non-Back Type/Feature races.
- For Black Type/Feature races without a nomination fee applicable, a Feature Race Non-Acceptance fee of $100 plus GST will be charged to the trainers (as agent of owners) of horses that are nominated but do not accept.
Racing Queensland makes payment of riding fees to jockeys, on behalf of owners:
- Effective 1 July 2019, the Jockey Race Riding Fee is set at $225 plus GST. The superannuation component attributable to the Jockey Race Riding Fee is 9.5%.
- Effective 1 July 2019, the Barrier Trial Riding Fee is set at $71.75 plus GST.
Barrier Trial Fees
- The fee to start in an official barrier trial is $100 plus GST.
- The fee for horses which are nominated, but do not start in official barrier trials, is $100 plus GST. This fee will be waived for any horse where a veterinarian certificate is received within two working days following the date of the trial.
Barrier Trial NOMINATIONS AND SCRATCHINGS
- Nominations for official barrier trials close at 12 noon the day prior to the advertised trial meeting date (unless otherwise prescribed by Racing Queensland), and are to be lodged with Racing Australia.
- Trainers are reminded of the requirement to advise Racing Australia of scratchings in official barrier trials at least one hour prior to the scheduled commencement time of the first heat of the trial meeting.
For access inquiries, please call TELADS on (07) 1300 650 940.
Specific Inquiries – Weights or Acceptances – Ph: (07) 3869 9777.
RISA SERVICE CENTRE
Nominations, Acceptances, Riders, Scratchings, Stable Returns, Gear Changes
Ph: 1800 138 704
Internet: http://racingaustralia.horse (Stable Assist) For all race club details please refer to the club section at the back of the magazine.