Education at Racing Queensland
Racing Queensland is a Registered Training Organisation, delivering qualifications from the Racing and Breeding Training Package. Predominantly, Racing Queensland deliver these qualifications as traineeships and apprenticeships, available as school-based, part time and full time.
Racing Queensland are currently accepting enrolments into the following courses
- RGR10118 – Certificate I in Racing (Stablehand)
- RGR20218 – Certificate II in Racing Industry
- RGR30218 – Certificate III in Racing (Stablehand)
- RGR30518 – Certificate III in Racing (Trackwork Rider)
- RGR40218 – Certificate IV in Racing (Jockey)
Who can apply?
If you are 15 years of age or over and seeking employment in the Queensland Racing Industry, you can become a trainee Stablehand or Trackrider. No previous horse experience is necessary. Click Here to obtain more info on how to enrol.
What should you know before applying?
It is important to understand that there are multiple organisations/departments involved in the creation of a Traineeship/Apprenticeship, all operating as separate entities. Each organisation/department is responsible for different work tasks which are undertaken at certain milestones throughout the Traineeship or Apprenticeship lifecycle.
Click here to learn more about what you should know before applying.
Benefits of working in the racing industry
- This is a special opportunity to start an exciting, challenging and interesting new career.
- Racing is an international industry with employment world wide, and it presents the opportunity to travel extensively.
- Former graduates have been employed throught Australia, as well as in Ireland, America, Dubai, Singapore, New Zealand and Japan.
- We are a growth industry in throughbred, harness and greyhound racing.
Policies and procedures
RTO Provider 31452