Skip to main navigation Skip to main content

Update on Albion Park meetings

3 March 2022

Share this page

Share on a platform

Or copy the page link

Racing Queensland has advised that race meetings programmed at Albion Park will not proceed until further notice.

In conjunction with the Brisbane Greyhound Racing Club and the Albion Park Harness Racing Club, the decision has been made to provide participants with clarity in the short-term.

Presently, the Albion Park facilities have yet to be fully assessed, with flood water still inundating the venue, making access impossible.

With further rain forecast for this week, there is no definitive timeline as to when this can occur.

In the short-term, RQ will schedule the majority of harness meetings to Redcliffe, with Marburg also set to host additional meetings.

Programming decisions concerning SEQ greyhound meetings will be made following further consultation with key stakeholders including Ipswich Greyhound Racing Club and Capalaba Greyhound Racing Club.   ‘

Further updates for both codes will be posted on the RQ website and through industry channels.