The Queensland Off-The-Track (QOTT) Subsidised Lessons Program is an initiative to support retired Standardbred and Thoroughbred horses as they transition from the racing industry into the domestic horse community.
The Program enables new owners of retired Standardbred and Thoroughbred horses to receive tailored support across a range of areas including feeding and nutrition, general care, groundwork, behaviour and ridden components.
The Program operates through a voucher system, with approved Participants issued vouchers to subsidise the cost of lessons. Approved Participants are eligible for 10 individual lessons of up to 45 minutes in duration with a QOTT Approved Coach.
Step 1: Please refer to the eligibility criteria and the Program Terms and Conditions to ascertain whether the Program is suitable for you and your horse:
Step 2: Complete the online Application Form at the link below.
If you require any assistance, please contact QOTT at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you nominate your preferred coach on your application form.
Please allow 14 days for your application to be processed.
Step 3: QOTT will send eligible applicants the Program Terms and Conditions for signing.
Eligible applicants are required to return a signed copy of the Program Terms and Conditions to QOTT at email@example.com
Step 4: Upon receipt of the signed Program Terms and Conditions, QOTT will issue the coaching lesson vouchers.
Step 5: Upon receipt of the coaching lesson vouchers, please contact your nominated coach to arrange a lesson.
You must provide your nominated coach with a coaching lesson voucher at the commencement of each lesson.
The Subsidised Lessons Program is for:
- Standardbreds and Thoroughbreds bred for racing, irrespective of whether they had an official race start.
- Standardbreds and Thoroughbreds that have been retired from racing and breeding for less than 12 months.
- Participants aged 17 years and older.
QOTT will assess on a case-by-case basis:
- Applications for horses that have retired for longer than 12 months.
- Applications from Participants aged 16 years and under.
- Will be granted no more than 10 lessons per 12 month period.
- Can only apply for lessons on one eligible horse per 12 month period.
- Only one coaching lesson voucher can be used by an approved Participant per day.