Join the Charleville crowd for a day at the Central Warrego Race Club and the Race To Roma race series Qualifyer.
Central Warrego Race Club was formed 6th April, 1882.
On April 6 1882 a group graced the Qld National Bank to keep their appointment with the establishments Principal and on opening the Central Warrego Race Club's Bank Account were assigned number 89 in the signature book.
First racing venue was north east of town on a selection known as "Raceview" with 6 furlong track (1200m) with a brush running rail. The training track was situated where current Charleville Rife Range is now, a rough track of 5 furlongs (1000m).
In 1919 saw the transfer of the CWRC from "Raceview" to our existing site.
The information set out on this event page is correct as at the date of publication and may be subject to further change by Racing Queensland or the event promoter (if Racing Queensland is not the event promoter) in their absolute discretion. Please visit http://www.racingqueensland.com.au/ for the current race calendars. Please check race schedules for final times two days before, race numbers are not final.