By Charlie Hemphrey - RQ Contributor
TAB racing heads to Roma this Saturday for the grand finale of Racing Queensland's second Race to Roma Series.
Charlie Hemphrey has cast his eye over the six-race card to help you find a winner.
(1) Brayd Heart finished 8th of 8 last start from barrier 7 at Toowoomba over the 870m. Previous to that ran well over the track and distance. Happy to forgive the last effort.
(5) Gamblers Son put in a good run last start on-pace. 2YO taking on older horses does cause some concern but has plenty of upside.
(9) Squall is a smart horse with a talented trainer. Hampered by wide draws in its last two starts. Previous to that ran third 1.5L to Anh Yeu En at Ballina.
(1) Brown Brown is back in trip after leading in an 1800m maiden at the Gold Coast. Drawn well, looks to be the leader and has race fitness on his side. Will be the one to catch.
(3) Smokey Diamond jumped from a wide gate last start at Ipswich. Got back in the run and hit the line well to be beaten 5.4L.
(5) The Scoop is a Craig Smith-trained gelding who has been consistent in recent times. Likes to be close to the speed and could end up in a nice position in the run.
(2) Folkstone carried 69kg when winning a picnic meeting last start. Previous to that was 3rd at Dubbo when beaten 1.6L in a Benchmark 65. Should prove very hard to beat.
(6) Super Kean is having its second run from Victoria. Last start jumped from barrier 10 and settled last on a soft track. Should improve on a firmer track.
(1) Choice Son comes out of the dominant Craig Smith yard and has placed in his last eight runs.
(5) Shear Vogue drops back from tougher company here. Last start finished eight to be beaten 1.1L at Grafton in a fast-run race.
(1) Malibu Affair is a consistent horse, who last start carried the preverbial grandstand to finish third. Previous to that won by 4.25L at Roma.
(6) Wonderful Wally is another Craig Smith runner and a track specialist. Drawn to get a good run.
(1) Palace Tycoon. On best form he'll be hard to hold out and claims 3kg with apprentice Nathan Fazackerly on board. Last start second over 1400m at Charleville. The drop back in trip looks to suit.
(7) It's Wanted has put in a couple of honest runs in a row. Gets a 2kg swing on stablemate (8) Daytime Dancer.
(5) Arigold having its second run in Queensland. Last start was beaten 2L in a Benchmark 70 at Barcaldine for premier trainer Bevan Johnson.
(2) Repo Zest is in great form this time in with two wins from two starts. Is well weighted, should get a nice run behind the leader, which appears to be (1) De Villiers. The Leslie Baker gelding has been running well of late but will carry 62kg with no claims.
(6) Mohaka River is running consistently. Last start beaten 1.5L behind Two Amor at Roma. Likes the track and is well drawn.